Marken Photography Co-op
HOURLY STUDIO ROOM RENTAL
(nights and weekends, closed Sundays)
HOURLY STUDIO WORK HOURS RENTAL
(M-F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
Hourly Studio Rental Benefits
+ use of studio during days, nights, and weekends (Closed Sundays)
+ use of basic studio equipment during shoots (feel free to bring your own as well)
+ changing room nearby shooting room for your guests
+ access to restroom
+ access to coffee bar
$350 Yearly Membership
(That’s less than half the price of a yearly coworking membership)
Yearly Membership Benefits:
+ use of co-working space and wi-fi for editing photos or meeting your clients during normal co.lab hours (M-F, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
+ include your business cards or flyers on the exclusive Marken Member Photographer board inside our space
+ quarterly creative meet-ups at Marken — share your work, favorite gear, and tips • included in occasional Marken marketing materials, social media, and emails
+ any referral requests for photography given the entire list of our co-op members
1. Each photographer must clean up after themselves. The shooting room must be tidied, swept, wiped and otherwise cleaned at the end of each rental. Leave it ready for the next person to use. 2. Rental time includes setup and breakdown. If a rental is from 4:00 to 6:00, that photographer cannot set up before 4:00, and they must be broken down and cleaned up by 6:00. This makes scheduling easier.
3. All photographers must play nicely with others. At any given time, the common area, shooting room, music and/or meeting room may be in use, so it’s important that each photographer is mindful of noise, client traffic, etc.
4. Each photographer is responsible for any damage caused by themselves, their clients, models, assistants and guests.
5. Standard rules apply regarding rental/membership payments. Payment required in advance to book rental time.
6. Members must keep their belongings contained within the shooting room. Members do not have locked storage on-site at this time. You are welcome to bring your own gear, backdrops, props, preferred lighting, etc. to your shoots.
Marken Photography Co-op exists to support existing photography business owners who do not own or have access to a studio space of their own. We aim to work with photographers who treat their business like a professional business, pay their taxes, and treat their customers and fellow co-op members with honesty and respect. Any referrals requested for photography will be given the entire list of our co-op members. Members set their own pricing for their photography business and are responsible for getting and processing payment from their own clients.
*Failure to comply with the above stated rules and standards could result in the cancellation of your membership.